No attendee found! Be the first one to book!
- May 04 2019
- 8:30 pm - 4:00 pm
National Home Brew Day Demo – CANCELLED
UPDATE – Sadly, this event has been cancelled due to predictions of severe weather during most of the event. (all day really) Please join us the following weekend for a demo at BrewHaHa at Vermilionville!
Join us in celebrating National Home Brew Day! We’ll be at Marcello’s outside doing brew demonstrations of Brew-In-A-Bag (BIAB), Cooler-tun style mashing, and even an extract on a camping stove! Style for the day is BJCP 12A-British Golden Ale. We’ll be saving some of this batch to serve at Gulf Brew 2019. This event is free and open to the public.
- 8:30am - 9:15am
- Setup tent, tables, equipment and start filling strike water
- 9:15am - 10:00am
- Fire the burners and get the mash water to strike temp
- 10:00am - 11:15am
- Single-Infusion, light body, no mash-out @ 152˚F
- 11:15am - Noon
- Re-fire the burners and bring the mash up to a boil.
- Noon - 1:00pm
- This will be a short one, only 1 hour. (it's a Golden after all)
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm
- Chill & Transfer
- Bring down the wort temp out of the danger zone and transfer to fermenting vessels
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- Clean equipment & break everything down.