Tuesday May 2nd, 2017
Marcello’s Wine Market
Pre-Meeting Brew Sampling
- Acadiana Beer Nutz — Veracruz Vienna
- Acadiana Beer Nutz — Smokey Hidalgo
- New Belgium — Spiced Imperial Dark Ale aged in white oak spirals, Lips of Faith series
- Kyle Libersat — Pale Ale
- Left Hand — Nitro Milk Stout
6:10 — Call to order – Tim
Call for new VP – Gene
Need a volunteer to fill the post after the resignation of Jimmy Cox
Jim has volunteered to fill in.
Bataille des Bières – Jim B.
Jim gave an overview of plans for the club contest, bringing back the raffle, asking for more participation from members
Will be held at the Green Room
Also early notice for contestants to give them time for their brews.
Sensory Analysis – possibly at Green Room also.
Tim – will try to coordinate his beer club with Dead Yeast for Sensory Tasting, as well as Brewing hands on.
Budget meeting will be held after adjournment of this meeting, likely at Mellow Mushroom
Gulf Brew – James
We need volunteers and submission brews.
Looking for volunteers for brew demo, open flame is an issue.
Usually at end of July
Pale ale, 15 gal, 10 will be brought to Gulf Brew.
Cajun Wit Clone
Jim & Mark Boudreaux’s reveal of their clone with a comparison tasting vs. the official Cajun Wit
Notes on clone:
- less orange
- more chamomile
- bitterness spot on
- color a little more golden-orange
Post-Meeting Brew Sampling
untappd links to be posted soon
- Nola — 7th Street Wheat
- Wastach — Apricot Hefeweisen
- Sweetwater — Blue – Blueberry Wheat
- Ballast Point — Pineapple Sculpin – IPA
- Sierra Nevada — Sidecar – Orange Pale Ale